CMS proposed 2021 Fee Schedule
2020 has certainly proven to be challenging for anyone in the medical industry, along with their affiliates. With the newly proposed CMS 2021 fee schedule, next year may present additional monetary challenges.
While the newly proposed CMS fee schedule encompasses multiple items, our primary concern is with the changes to your Medicare fee schedule, and payment for office/outpatient evaluation and management services.
A few low-lights that may affect your practice:
- Decrease in 2021 RVU conversion factor from $36.09 to $32.26 – $3.83 per RVU
- Decrease in 2021 National anesthesia rate from $22.40 to $19.96 – $2.24 per CF
- Revamp of the outpatient E/M services
So what can you do, besides buckle up for an equally bumpy 2021?
- Review the complete Proposed Rule here: CY 2021 Physician Fee Schedule and Quality Payment Program Proposed Rule
- Support the organizations that are fighting for you.
- Let your voice be heard! The link above also offers specific information on how to submit your comments and who to contact with questions. The deadline is 5 pm on October 5, 2020.